Thursday, January 20, 2011

Memoirs of a Geisha

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I wonder what would have been to live in a time where your Kimono was something essential. Since I arrived to Japan, I knew I wanted to do something: to feel dressed like history hadn't come to these times. I searched all over Kyoto for white cotton socks, these perfect wooden kimono shoes, and finally, for a silk Kimono. I'm glad that beginning this year, I came to Japan and discovered this hidden and diferent world. 
I'm also wearing an Yves Saint Laurent vintage belt, that Yves actually made 
inspired by Japanese culture for his collection ,
 and I love the fact that it's so well done. 
I even discovered it was probably used in the runway (it has written instructions for wearing it and it's tiny size). So it seems that now with this place and this garments fits perfectly. I had a big coffee and patience to choose from the photos,but I couldn't just post 3 pictures this time, because I won't be everyday in Kyoto wearing my Kimono and feeling like a Geisha. I hope you like it!
Yves Saint Laurent belt, Kimono, socks and shoes found in stores in Kyoto 
Photos taken at the Nijo Castle in Kyoto
Sayonara!!
Denni

No comments:

Post a Comment