Monday, June 7, 2010

GALA for LOEWE


6 months ago i was chosen to be part of Loewe's latest campaign.
This is the story behind the images:

Tomorrow (8th June) we are all meeting back again in Harrods for the official launch of Loewe Leather Icons (the campaign) for the press,and it's a sweet moment in my life cos i've talked a bit about this before but I wasn't allowed till now to get into details or show the final photos.
THE NEWS...
And all the waiting during the past months are over... I met Stuart Vevers last september during Vogue's Fashion Night Out. I was just running around and saying hi to friends when Stu stopped me and told me how much he loved my Loewe Amazona, and I couldn't resist to tell him how fond of his work I have always been(you know how much I adore "the other brand" he was working at before) but now I'm an unconditional Vever's work-addicted lover!!!
Few months later,after the Marie claire Prix awards I received a call from them asking me If I wanted to be part of a project,the Leather Icons. Well,someone had to slap me hard in the face, twice,so by the time I woke up, I had passed the casting that was held in London and I was amongst Bimba (the only two spanish there) fronting Leather Icons.Well,what can I say?..I was totally thrilled!
THE SHOOT...
The shoot took place in the famous Spring Studios in north London,during a very very cold january morning. When I arrived the first person I bumped into(literally, cos we almost died cruising the thick snow) was the cheecky Louis (Simonon),and the fact I was on a pair of Marni heels didn't help me much.
Hours later we were all munching on cookies and tea,while I had the back of my head covered in hair extensions(i had my hair down to my knees at one point)
...and it was the moment of my performance! And what a performance! Playing the "sexy" wasn't an easy peasy matter for me..(life is full of challenges and i love every little one of them!) I had to bounce and strike THE pose with the tiny cropped top Katie (Grand) chose for me with a pair of tight leather pants...but it was great great fun indeed!
(see the BEHIND THE SCENES video)The shoot was over,but we all met up back in Paris for the launch of Leather icons(see press clip from Grazia)...And this is the result of the work of the best professionals on earth!
++++++++++++++


Hace 6 meses fui elegida para formar parte de la última campaña de Loewe.
Esta es la historia detrás de las imágenes:
El 8 de Junio nos volveremos a reunir todos una vez mas,pero esta vez en Harrods,durante el launch oficial de Loewe Leather Icons (la campaña) para la prensa. Es sin duda un momento dulce en mi vida, ya que habia hablado un poco sobre este tema anteriormente, pero nunca pude hacerlo en profundidad hasta ahora,que por fin he podido revelar los detalles y mostraros las imagenes finales.

EL COMIENZO ...
Y por fin la larga espera de los últimos meses se ha terminado! ...
Conocí a Stuart Vevers el septiembre pasado, durante Vogue's Fashion Night Out.
Yo estaba concentrada saludando a amigos cuando Stuart me paro para comentarme lo mucho que le gustaba mi bolso Amazona, y yo,por mi parte,no me pude resistir a decirle cuantos anhos llevaba siendo una fan incondicional de su explendido trabajo y lo feliz que me hace saber que ahora es parte del equipo de Loewe,y es que la diferencia se esta notando muchisimo!. Pocos meses más tarde, después de la gala de los Prix Marie Claire, recibí una llamada,preguntandome si me gustaria formar parte de un nuevo proyecto, Leather Icons. Una vez que me confirmaron que había pasado el casting y que junto a Bimba, seriamos las unicas espanholas representando a la marca junto al resto de Leather Icons. Bueno, ¿qué puedo decir? .. fue un momento maravilloso y que me lleno de orgullo.
EL SHOOT...
El rodaje tuvo lugar en los famosos Spring Studios en el norte de Londres, durante una helada mañana de enero. Cuando llegué, la primera persona que me encontré fue a Louis (Simonon),y casi no llegamos de una pieza entre capas y capas de nieve y el hecho de que yo fuese subida a unos Marni altisimos no me ayudo mucho. Pasamos las horas entre risas,cigarrillos,galletas,tarta de queso y te. Por mi parte,termine con toda la nuca llena de extensiones y unos smokey eyes impactantes! ... Y llego el momento de mi actuación! Hacer de "sexy" posando,nunca ha sido mi fuerte,simplemente no me gusta ser tan explicita a la hora de transmitir emociones,pero ...sin duda,la vida está llena de retos y me encanto sacar una nueva faceta e interpretar el briefing. Tuve que moverme,danzar y posar con el pequenho cropped top de piel que Katie (Grand) habia elegido para mí,junto a un par de pantalones de cuero ajustados ... y resulto siendo todo muy muy divertido!!!(ver video de Behind the scenes) Una vez que la sesión termino,nos volvimos a reunir de nuevo en París para el lanzamiento del Leather Icons (véase el clip de prensa de la revista Grazia) ... Y este es el resultado del trabajo de los mejores profesionales!
Pelayo came to show his support and posed with Louis,Tricia,Stuart and myself at the launch in Paris for Grazia magazine.

SEE MORE ON VOGUE.COM

and discover the complete campaign at LOEWE LEATHER ICONS

No comments:

Post a Comment