Saturday, June 13, 2009

Look of the Day.47: 1996

                                                                
pic R.Romay

This was the year in which Brian Molko (L) started playing with his band 
Placebo, the one where the Spice Girls and the Back Street Boys 
did not stop playing in the radio, in which I become 10 years old. 
Their latest album Battle for the Sun,came out the 8th of June, 
and with it also the start of a new "Molko-phase" in which my darkest side takes
 over and eclipses my softer one,   is MY time to bring back my old AA bodycon. 
I will not deny it, I grew up influenced by the 90s 
(and not just those that Alexander Wang has recently brought ). 
Back then I used to wear dungarees and jerseys with ugly and boring leggins and
 also a damn wool coat with horns and  a  "Kurt Cobain"  hair cut,that 
martyred my femininity till my teens. 
This doesn't mean that my favorite decade  are still the'70s. 
Sometimes,some of my readers complain that I do not talk that much about
 my personal life, but after all, this is my fashion blog, not a gossip magazine. 
For you to be able to understand me a little bit more:my style is extremely chameleonic. 
I hate when people try to categorize you, I prefer to get  influence from 
memories and experiences of new and old, to stop being a sheep who follows the 
herd.Each day can be the new beginning for anything, while there's still hope. 
We must try and risk. 
The fact that fashion allows each individual to be a different person everyday
 trough the way they dress ,fascinates me. It is normal to  like and want to have diversity 
and different things at the same time, 
and not to have to follow what society expects from us to like.
Nobody forces anyone to visit my blog, I have created it to  
show my photos, without expecting anything in exchange.If somehow 
helps someone, to me this is the greatest reward of all! 
I understand and  hope that my style won't please everyone, if so, 
I think it I would have failed, It will mean my loss of identity.


+++++++++++++++++++++++


Este fue el anho en el que Brian Molko(L)  empezo a tocar con su grupo
Placebo,tambien el anho en el que las Spice Girls y los Back Street Boys
no paraban de sonar en los 40Principales,y en el que cumpli 10 anhos,mis primeras dos cifras.
El pasado 8 de Junio,se ponia a la venta su ultimo album Battle for the Sun,
y con el daba comienzo una nueva etapa  Molka por la que siempre paso cuando 
sacan nuevo disco,donde mi parte mas "oscura" eclipsa a la mas fresca que
 suele predominar casi siempre,es MI momento de desenpolvar el bodycon.
No voy a negarlo,creci influenciada por los 90(y no tan solo los que ha vuelto a traer Alexander Wang).
Lleve petos vaqueros y  jerseys con leggins feas y sosas,tambien aquel maldito
 abrigo de napa con cuernos y el pelo con corte "Kurt Cobain" que martirizo
 mi feminidad hasta la adolescencia.
Y Esto no quita que una de mis decadas favoritas sea los 70s.
A veces os quejais de que no os cuento mucho de mi vida personal,pero 
al fin y al cabo,este es mi blog de moda,y no de prensa rosa.
Para que podais entenderme un poco mas,mi estilo es camaleonico.
Odio cuando la gente intenta encasillarme, prefiero dejarme influenciar 
de recuerdos y experiencias nuevas y viejas, dejar de ser un cordero que sigue las leyes
 tal cual el rebanho las dicta, e interpretarlas a mi propia manera.
Cada dia puede ser un nuevo comienzo para todo, mientras
 haya esperanza.Hay que probar y arriesgar y el hecho de que la moda 
permita al individuo ser cada manhana una persona completamente 
diferente me parece fascinante.A todos nos gustan demasiadas cosas como
 para tener que seguir lo que la sociedad marca o espera de nosotros como individuos.
Nadie obliga a nadie a entrar en mi blog,lo he creado con el fin de regalar y
 mostrar mis fotos,sin esperar nada a cambio.Si de alguna manera 
ayudan a alguien,para mi esta es la mayor recompensa de todas! 
Comprendo y asi lo espero,que mis estilismos no sean a gusto de todos,si asi fuera,
creo que habria fracasado, significaria mi perdida de identidad.



No comments:

Post a Comment