Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bold Burberry

Dress: Courtesy of Burberry Prorsum. Shoes: Prada

I still feel incredibly lucky that I get to borrow beautiful clothes. I fell in love with the deep green colour of this dress and can see myself searching for the exact same hue come fall.

I had quite a few emails asking about my make up look for this event. I like to do my own makeup so here's the full 'How To':

*Apply Nars 'sheer glow' liquid foundation to areas that need it. I focus on under eye and a little on chin and nose. 

*Dab MAC 'strobe cream' onto cheek and brow bones.

*Lightly dust Shu Uemura face powder over oily areas. Use sparingly to keep the skin 'dewy'.

*Use an angled brush to apply gel liner to top eye lids. I'm using 'black track' by MAC.

*Apply two full coats of mascara. I used Covergirl 'Lash Blast Fusion'.

*Add lashes. I used a couple of Shu Uemura's 'slim partial' accent lashes. They're a nice alternative to a full strip of lashes which I think can look a bit fake. You may need to adjust your liner after applying the lashes. I usually wait until my lashes are dry to add the 'flicked' part of my liner.

*Smile and brush Nars 'Orgasm' onto the apples of your cheeks.

*Finish with MAC 'Ruby Woo' lipstick. This lipstick is super matt and has amazing staying power but because it is so dry you need to prep the lips with a light lip balm. Use a lip brush if you don't like using lip liner

For more makeup posts click the 'makeup' label below :)


No comments:

Post a Comment