Sunday, September 27, 2009

TBL cancelled

In the middle of filming episode 7 on friday we were told that 'The Beautiful Life' had to be shut down and that The CW were canceling the show.

I think all of us (and I'm talking about everyone- not just cast) are sad that something we invested our time, effort and talent into was thrown away so abruptly by the network but the reality is the ratings were VERY low. Nobody knew this show was even on. The advertising campaign for TBL was small to non existent.

We were the last pick up of the season and that's just the way it goes sometimes. The CW had Melrose Place and Vampire Diaries and had already allocated the publicity budget to those shows. We were on after Top Model and we had the draw of Mischa. They never had any plans to advertise us. I guess we were an experiment to see if ratings can fall out of the air...... um, they cant.

Now I'm sure lots of other factors contributed to the cancelation but all I can tell you is what I know and my opinion. I think 'The Beautiful Life' was an amazing idea and it really did have all the elements to be a great show but it just never got to realize it's full potential.

I had a great time working with everyone anyway.

Onwards and upwards. Worse things happen at sea. One door closes, another one opens..... and all the rest of those sayings ;)


I've found that looking at theses shoes makes everything better.

Photobucket
Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte, Spring 2010. Sickness.

P.S Some very sweet person started a petition. http://bit.ly/4BHzqX

No comments:

Post a Comment