Sunday, October 11, 2009

a long time coming

I'm nearly all packed and I've found someone to take my apartment.... We're out of here on Tuesday and on to LA.

This is a strange time for me, I usually always have a firm base but I got rid of my place in London because I had to relocate to NYC for The Beautiful Life. I had just started to make my NYC place feel like home and then the show got cancelled. I guess I could have just stayed here but.... for some reason I feel like we need to move on. We have the use of a place in LA (thanks) so we're going to do what actors do: audition! Then I plan to go home to London for christmas and see my mummy and daddy. So for now we're nomads. All we have is a cat and our suitcases. It actually feels kinda liberating!

Speaking of the cat.... He is turning into quite the celebrity! Check him out on peoplepets. I have forgiven them for spelling my name wrong.

I've taken my/Marissa's extensions out and cut a big chunk of my hair off. It was getting really unhealthy and needed it. I loved it for about 5 minutes and now I hate it and wear it in a bun while I wait for it grow. Most of you have already seen this but here's my shorter hair.

Photobucket

Lots of you have asked me if I wish I never did The Beautiful Life. Of course not! I had fun and met some great people (cliches, I know but very true). I didn't really have any friends here when I came and now I have several including my girls Sara and Mischa - both rock stars. I also learnt a lot creatively. This way of working was very new to me and I think it's made me better. I hope.

I just realised yesterday that I haven't opened my mouth to sing for a really long time, maybe even since I got her. I was having a youtube moment and I came across things I haven't heard in a while and now I cannot stop singing! I'm probably driving my boy and the neighbors mad but whatever init! I have this on repeat.




And this.



It has to be that version of it too. Something about the silence in the room whilst she's singing gives me chills.

Love to all you who sent me very nice comments :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment