Sunday, July 19, 2009

New York, New York.

The move has happened and I now live in the big apple like James lived in the giant peach.

Photobucket
If you haven't read this then you really should make it your business to do so asap.

It was soooooooooo hard to pack up my entire flat. I gave my friends nearly all of my clothes and limited myself to only 3 suitcases. It was hard. I am a hoarder and I had to sort through a load of stuff. It took me 3 whole days. I gave away everything you see on the floor and more.
Photobucket

Don't feel too sorry for me though, I've already began buying stuff here!

I'm living in The Soho Grand for a month while I wait for my apartment to be ready. They're laying a new floor and painting it. I always thought I would love living in a hotel but actually it sucks. I have Oscar kitty here with me and to get the room cleaned I have to lock him in his crate which I do not like doing so we've started running around the hallways with him while the lady cleans the room. I'm sure the other guests don't like it but they can kiss mine and Oscar's ASS!

Apartment hunting was not fun. I saw crack den after crack den followed by crystal meth factories and hovels with no windows and then decided to go with a broker (basically an estate agent). In London if a landlord wants an estate agent to show his property then he has to pay a fee. Makes sense right? In New York they expect the tennant to pay that fee. I was like "what the fuck!?". We stopped looking for apartments with brokers after that and went to a big luxury doorman building where you rent through them direct. No fee, no bollocks. Another thing about New York apartments is that 95% of them don't have washing machines. Everyone just takes their laundry to the dry cleaners. I'm not down with that. I like to wash my own knickers in my own house thank you very much. My nice luxury doorman building apartment has a washing machine AND a dryer. Part of me still yearns to be in that typical NY apartment the type with a fire escape up the outside and exposed brick work but the other part of me wants a washing machine and a doorman. Compromise. I'll try this building out for a bit and then maybe move somewhere else.

Apart from hotel living I'm really enjoying being here. Me and my boy have started taking Oscar out for walks with his new harness (people just keep their cats inside here!) and it's fun to watch everyone stare at us like we're nuts. 

I met with the wardrobe team for the show the other day and I love, love LOVE them! It's the first time I've had a costume fitting and not had anything to complain about. All the clothes were amazing. Check me out in Balmain. My love for this dress is deep and true.

Photobucket

Also note my new loooooooong hair. I got a weave! You may remember in the pilot episode that they gave me a fake fringe? That fringe is no more. I'm so glad. Although I kinda liked it I much prefer this.

Although we don't start filming until July 31st they've kept us busy with photo shoots and interviews. We all did a shoot for NYLON and me and Sara shot the cover for Women's wear daily. I've never heard of that mag so it must be a USA thing. We also spent the longest day of my life taking publicity shots for the network who are airing the show. That's when I got to wear the Balmain. I love playing dress up and posing for the camera, always have. I was the little girl who was always smiling broadly with my hands on my hips ready for any camera! Me and my girl Cyrena have a major love for getting all dolled up on a night out and taking a shit load of pictures. These always start off looking pretty fabulous and then as the night goes on we look like drunk hot messes! It's all part of the festivities! 









No comments:

Post a Comment